All employers have a legal obligation to make First Aid provision for their employees. This course fulfills all current Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations.
24 contact hours (standard first aid at work)
12 contact hours (Refresher course)
Experienced professional trainers with an active professional interest in First Aid training, coming from a variety of working backgrounds understanding the specific needs of various environments. Our trainers are constantly updating their methods and materials keeping abreast of current best practice from around the world. Trainers typically have knowledge of your workplace and follow Health and Safety approved code of practice guidelines.
- Safe best practice
- A systematic approach to incident management
- Unconsciousness, causes and treatment
- External bleeding, internal bleeding and shock resuscitation procedures including choking
- Injury, illness, environment
- Burns and scalds
- Using First Aid Kit and Record Keeping
- Interactive hands on practical training
- One CPR training manikin per 2 participants
- Easy to follow individual course booklet
- A recognised certificate valid for 3 years External examiners
The First Aid at Work certificate is revalidated by a 12 hour Refresher course, provided that the FAW certificate is within its 3 year valid lifetime, otherwise the full (24 hour) course must be completed again.